Horticulture Liability Insurance
If you’re lopping trees, removing stumps, gardening or landscaping for a living, it’s a good idea to understand why you need liability cover.
Horticultural Liability Insurance can protect you and your assets if you face legal action taken by third parties for personal injury and/or property damage after an accident caused by your business conduct.
Did you know?
- There are over 5,000 pieces of legislation in this country that carry with them provisions for civil penalties
- Occupational Health and Safety fines can be as high as $550,000 for a business
- Environmental fines can be in excess of $1,000,000
How can we help?
We can tailor a package to protect you and your assets against legal actions taken by third parties. Even if you win the case, defending yourself can be costly.
Our insurance brokers can help you arrange cover in the following areas:
- Property damage including overhead wires, underground wires, roofing, shrubbery, gardens, vehicles, fences, etc.
- Liability for accidents arising out of the use of machinery including cherry pickers, mulchers, stump grinders, bobcats, mowers, chainsaws, etc.
- Cover for both public and products liability
- Goods in care custody & control $100,000
- Hoists, cranes & unregistered vehicles
- Errors & omissions (claims made) $500,000 – financial loss cover
- Cover for fines and penalties (claims made) $2,000,000 – statutory liability cover
- Liability for employees and principles indemnity for sub-contractors
Pruning/ Lopping Limits
- Gardening – 5 metres
- Gardening – 10 metres
- Tree felling – unrestricted height
Get in touch
We can work with you to build the perfect insurance package, chosen from a wide range of providers.
We’ll simplify the process, giving you the peace of mind that comes with knowing you’re adequately protected.